Petrol Car Fuel Efficiency Tips
You must have wondered at one point or the other in your life as to how one can be economical of your fuel use. Let us have a glance at some of the fuel-saving tips that will undoubtedly help you in every possible way in saving the fuel of your car.
- While driving a car assure that you are accelerating smoothly. Don’t drive erratically as it consumes 60% of more fuel than usual.
- Ensure that you are not carrying unnecessary weight in your car unless you are on holiday. The lighter the back of the car the more efficient your car will be.
- Remember to go easy on the accelerator and always change the gear when required. If you happen to not change the gear from high to low when required and are pushing down the accelerator long way, then you are actually making use of more fuel.
- Maintain the speed limit while riding a car. Speeding up the car’s speed only saves you on time but costs you the same or even more had you had covered the same distance in a little more time.
- Always ensure that you’ve got the pressure in the tyres of your car checked at regular intervals. Usually, it is the low tyre pressure in the cars that consumes more fuel while moving down the road.
- It is known that an Air Conditioner, when turned on, consumes more fuel than usual. So, you can manage it accordingly, as to when to switch on and off your vehicle.
- Also, ascertain that you are changing the gears of your car whenever required otherwise it leads to more fuel consumption.
- One of the many ways in which you can save on the fuel of your car is by sharing cars. If you happen to have a friend or a colleague at work and both of you have to go to the same destination, then you can share cars.
Make sure you are adhering to all the fuel-saving tips mentioned above for petrol cars, thereby being much more economical and efficient in every possible way.