For some people, a car might just be a way to commute while for others it might be as important as a member of their family. Irrespective of the feelings there are certain things that you should never do to your automatic or manual car. Have a look at the things you should never do to your car.
Things you should never do to your car
- MANUAL CAR
Cars that have a manual gearbox and in which the driver is responsible for shifting the gears are manual transmission cars. A manual car is more engaging for the driver than an automatic car. Here are the things you should never do to your manual car.
- Never engage the clutch continuously
- Never switch the car to neutral mode while driving
- Don’t use wrong gears with wrong speeds
- Never hit the break without engaging the clutch
- Never leave your car in gear when stationary
- Never shift to second gear immediately after the first
- Never accelerate for long at a lower gear
- AUTOMATIC CAR
Cars that do not have a clutch pedal and adjust the gears according to the speed are automatic transmission cars. An automatic car is simpler to drive than the manual one. Here are a few important things you should never do to your automatic car.
- Never use both feet while driving an automatic car
- Never forget to shift to the parking brake after your car stops completely
- Never drive downhill while on neutral
- Never rest your hand on the gear stick
- Never put your car in neutral at a signal
Ignoring the given points will not only reduce the durability but will also increase your car’s maintenance costs. Being too harsh on your car can reduce its life by a few years. Never do the above-mentioned things to your automatic and manual car so that you can cherish every time you go out for a drive.
If you find the above information useful then you may also like this blog How To Keep Your Car Cool In New Jersey summer?